R B Murdande
Head of Department
To prepare Globally acceptable technicians, to meet todays demand and tomorrows challenges. The aim of Diploma Course in Mechatronics Engineering at KLE Polytechnic, Chikodi is to mould the students for professional practice, in an era of rapidly advancing interdisciplinary technology. The course builds on core curriculum to combine individual depth of experience competence, in Mechatronic Engineering, with excellent background in all related subjects. It strikes a balance between classroom, lecture, laboratory and design and lays stress on floor level problem solving skills, which is essential for any branch.
The course ensures to develop in each student: self-reliance, creativity, leadership, business and moral ethics and continuing education and motivation.
3 YEARS ( 6 Semesters) DIPLOMA IN MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
This course enables to develop students in core competency areas of ,
- Thermal Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics and Pneumatics
- Mechanisms, Machine Design
- Mechanical Engineering Science
- Power Plants
- Mechatronics, PLC Systems, CNC, Robotics
- Computer Science Applications, CAD, Solid Modeling etc.
This Programme also emphasizes on Information Search, Analysis and Presentation (ISAP), Project Design and Fabrication.
Mechatronics Engineering is a field of broad prospects. All manufacturing industries are based on Mechanical Engineering. The advancement in Technologies have created a very good future for Mechatronics Engineers.
The Department is well equipped with all machines, engines, computer lab and independent CAD center. The students are given knowledge and hands on experience on various machines and equipments. This knowledge and training imparted, enables the students to get placements in National and Multinational companies, in the Campus Interviews.
On completion of 3 year diploma in Mechatronics Engineering, the student has following opportunities;
- Self – employment opportunities like setting up a small scale industry, ancillary units, automobile service stations, etc.
- Job opportunities in National & Multinational companies; Merchant Navy, Shipping Companies; Petrochemical industries.
- Employment opportunities in Government sectors like KSRTC, RTO, Railway Workshop, Armed Forces, etc.
- Can continue higher education like BBA, BE (3rd sem), AMIE etc.